Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

It was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times...

This famous line pretty much sums up my life over the past couple of months.  I have experienced the euphoria of some amazing accomplishments while also experiencing some awful tragedies (nothing school related, I had an awesome class).  For the sake of keeping my readers, I will share the good things:

My tea the morning of my graduation, courtesy of my awesome husband.
  • I earned my Master's!!!!  No more grad school papers or projects!!!!
  • I made it through all of the End-of-Year craziness, which included a visit from President Obama to my school district!
  • I participated in and finished a (beginner's) triathlon!!!!
  • I made it through a year of being a teacher AND the mom of a school-aged child.  Bring on First Grade!
  • I completed the first year of implementing Common Core and am ready to do it again! 
Yes, you read that correctly...President Obama came to the middle school in my district!  I was not there, but it was an exciting experience for many of our students and teachers.   My police officer husband thought he might get stationed inside the middle school, but he had to work outside the building.  However, he did get to talk to actress Claire Danes when she stopped to ask him where she and her husband were supposed to park.  Better him than me...I would have been a blubbering fool going on about how "My So-Called Life" was cancelled too soon, how much I love "Homeland," and how disappointed I was that her character of Beth was killed off in "Little Women."  Louisa May Alcott and her plot twists...

Anyway, I am back in the blogosphere and am looking forward to catching up on what I have missed!

1 comments:

Kristina Zucchino said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments this year! Very impressive!! I know graduating must be a huge relief! Hopefully you'll have some time to relax this summer :)

I came across your blog on Fifth in the Middle...glad I did!

Until next time,
Kristina
Mrs. Z & Company

Post a Comment

I love your comments!