Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July Currently

It's a new month, so it's time for a Currently link up with Farley at Oh Boy, Fourth Grade!



My daughter, who will be turning 6 soon, still loves everything on Disney Junior.  She is limited to watching television to when she gets up in the morning, so she is glued to the TV when it is on. 

My family just got back from a week at the beach!  We went to North Carolina's Outer Banks and had a blast!   When we got back from our trip, I gained a new appreciation for my comfortable mattress.  I didn't think that I was uncomfortable at our cottage, but there is just something about being in your own bed!
My little one, standing at the bottom of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.

My little one, at the top of the lighthouse.  She climbed all 257 steps without complaining once!


We have been back for just a couple of days, and now we are getting ready to head to Buffalo to visit family.  This definitely won't be as relaxing at the beach, but we will definitely do some good eating:  pizza and chicken wings, beef on weck, chicken finger subs, sponge candy...hopefully I won't gain a ton while I am there.

I am so excited about how much summer is still ahead of us, but I am kind-of bummed that I have already had my beach trip.  I like going as soon as school ends, but I think that I also need one last hurrah before the next school year starts.

Running...I would enjoy running so much more if I actually enjoyed running.  It has gotten more tolerable, but I am still ridiculously slow and can't wait to stop.  Today's rain gives me an excuse. 

My blogging tip is pretty much the Golden Rule:  Treat other bloggers the way that you want to be treated.  If you love when you get comments from others, then be sure to leave some on other blogs too (and not just invitations to join your giveaways or to follow you).  I definitely don't leave as many comments as I should, but I do try to leave thoughtful remarks.  I was able to gain a lot of followers very quickly when I started my blog last summer, and I credit my commenting for this.  I have only done one giveaway and I have no freebies to offer!

I hope that everyone is enjoying summer.  Have a fun, safe Fourth of July!


4 comments:

Caitlin Orsborne said...

We just got back from OBX also. We only live about 2 hours away from there though. There is just something so relaxing about laying on the beach and listening to the waves. (Ok, really I was watching my kids and making sure they only went ankle deep. One can dream right?!?)

Caitlin
Learning Ahoy!

Andrea Halterman said...

Hi Julie, I teach 3rd grade too!
I have just within the past few years started running. I'm sooo slow! I still have to walk some. :( But at least I'm moving! :) I also LOVE doing the Hot Dog dance from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It embarrasses my oldest though. I have actually done it in class once. LOL!
Andrea
Bouncingthrough3rdgrade

Simone @ Busy as a Honey Bee said...

Love your tip and that your limiting screen time for your kiddo seems to make TV all that much more interesting for her! Gives you an actual break to do things when she is entertained!

Visiting fro mthe link up!

-Simone

Ms. Reidy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. My new grandbaby is precious. :)
The beach sounds heavenly...none to speak of in the great state of Iowa. I look forward to following you.
♬Kay
On the Trail of Learning

Post a Comment

I love your comments!