Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Need a laugh?

Everyone has their own way of dealing with stress, and we all know that teaching can be extremely stressful!    All of the news in North Carolina lately has had to do with the proposed budget, which eliminates tenure, cuts pay for advanced degrees, provides money for public school vouchers, and keeps our pay frozen.  Sigh.

Sooo...in the midst of bad news, I try to find things to make me laugh.  Here are a few of my favorites.  Enjoy!

1.  I have never watched Shark Week, but this commercial is hysterical.  Don't view with young kids around!

Yes, I do have a warped sense of humor.  My apologies if anyone is offended.

2.  Food.com's Recipe for Ice Cubes.

You just know that it was posted by some aggravated mom/wife who was tired of always finding an empty ice cube bin.  The real laughs come from the reviews (there are over 800).  There are some clever people in the world!


 3.  My Imaginary Well-Dressed Toddler Daughter  This Pinterest board is hysterical!  The pinner is a writer who has two boys, and she has written clever captions to go with photos of snobby-looking children.
The best part are the names of the kids: daughter Quinoa and her bff Chevron are the main characters, but Antwerp, Hashtag, Paxil, Grosgrain, and Brighton are some other funny ones.

I could post a million more things, but I will stop with these three.  I hope that you enjoy them!!!

One last thing...between watching the first two seasons of The Tudors on Netflix, recently reading two works of historical fiction about Catherine of Aragon and Queen Elizabeth, and now the birth of William and Kate's new baby, I am beginning to feel that I am missing out on some sort of royal title. I would love to have a royal title.  Or at least a tiara.  I could really rock a tiara.

Keep calm and laugh on!

2 comments:

Cyndi Lacy said...

The recipe for ice cubes is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

Cyndi
Lacy's Letters

K. Almaraz said...

Ha! I can't get enough of the Shark Week commercial. The first time I saw it, I did a little gasp because it was so unexpected but now it's definitely worth some giggles :)

Post a Comment

I love your comments!